HERNANDO COUNTY, FLa.- Five men allegedly affiliated with the Latin Kings gang have been charged with murder after a man was found lying dead on a Brooksville roadway in July of 2021.
According to detectives at the Hernando County Sheriff's office, the suspects allegedly beat the victim to death to “strip him of his membership” after he said he wanted to leave the gang. The 9-1-1 caller, a delivery driver, told the operator the male did not move or respond when he beeped at him to move out of the roadway.
- Shayne A. White-Gracteroly, 31, from Hernando County
- Jimmy Nguyen, 29, from Hernando County
- Reynol Gonzalez, 25, from Putnam County
- Hector Robles, 46, from Marion County
- Reynaldo Fonseca, 31, from Marion County
All five suspects have been charged with third degree murder, aggravated battery, and conspiracy to commit aggravated battery. As of Friday, three men remain in the Hernando County Detention Center and two have bailed out.